Brochure Type: Europe Costsaver 2017
Admire the charming medieval cities and extraordinary natural beauty of the Balkans with sightseeing in the historic centres of Zagrev, Dubrovnik and Split. You'll also see the vivid emerald green lakes and dramatic waterfalls in the beautiful Plitvice National Park.
- Dubrovnik Sightseeing tour with Local Specialist includes a visit of the Old City. See the Rector's Palace, Onofrio's Fountain and the Franciscan and Dominican monasteries
- Mostar See the historic bridge and visit the Bazaar with a Local Specialist
- Plitvice National Park See the waterfalls and lakes of this UNESCO World Heritage Site with your Local Specialist
- Sarajevo Sightseeing with a Local Specialist includes the Old Town
- Split See Jupiter's Temple and the Diocletian's Palace with your Local Specialist
- Zagreb Sightseeing tour with your Local Specialist includes views of the Cathedral, the Archbishop's Palace, St Mark's Church, and the Opera House
- 9 buffet breakfasts
- 5 three course dinners
- Audio Headsets Provided throughout your holiday to enhance your included sightseeing experiences
- Daily breakfast
- Luxury air-conditioned coach
- Cherry-picked hotels, all tried and trusted
- Variety of Optional Experiences
- An expert Travel Director and separate driver
- All hotel service charges and tips, baggage handling fees and local taxes
- Airport transfers are provided on the first and last travel day. Conditions apply
Call 1 -800-957-4477 for more information or to book today! Mention code 13153188
- Tour Operator
- Trafalgar Tours
- Offer valid through 3/31/2017
- 10 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Zagreb||Arrive Zagreb (2 Nights): Welcome to Zagreb. Spend the afternoon relaxing or take a stroll. This evening, meet your Travel Director and fellow travellers for dinner in your hotel.Dinner|
|Day 2||Zagreb||Zagreb Sightseeing and Free Time: Zagreb is a traditional medieval European city with a wealth of historic monuments. Your Local Specialist shows you the highlights including the Upper and Lower town, the majestic cathedral, Archbishop's Palace, St. Mark's Church and the Opera House. Spend free time exploring the winding streets of the Old Town or consider an Optional Experience into the surrounding countryside.Buffet Breakfast|
|Day 3||Sarajevo||Zagreb - Sarajevo Sightseeing: Travel south from Croatia into Bosnia-Herzegovina before arriving in the fascinating capital city Sarajevo. Due to its rich religious and cultural history, Sarajevo is often called the Jerusalem of Europe. The city contains synagogues, mosques, orthodox as well as Catholic churches - all in one city. In 1914 the city was the site of the assassination of Archduke Franz Ferdinand which prompted the start of the First World War. Your Local Specialist will show you the important sights.Buffet Breakfast|
|Day 4||Mostar||Sarajevo - Mostar: Today leave Sarajevo and travel through dramatic mountainous scenery to Mostar where you'll meet your Local Specialist. This city is named after this Old Bridge, the 'Stari Most', built by Sinan the great Ottoman architect and one of Bosnia-Herzegovina's most recognizable landmarks. Destroyed during the war it has been rebuilt using the same methods as during the 16th century. You will also visit the Bazaar and see the Mosque.Buffet Breakfast, Dinner|
|Day 5||Dubrovnik||Mostar - Medugorje - Dubrovnik Sightseeing (2 Nights): This morning travel to Medjugorje - since 1981 it has become a popular site of religious pilgrimage due to reports of apparitions of the Virgin Mary to six local Catholics. Later continue towards the Dalmatian coast and the spectacular medieval city of Dubrovnik. Enjoy a sightseeing walking tour of the main sights with a Local Specialist. Admire the Rector's Palace, the city walls, Onofrio's Fountain and the Franciscan and Dominican monasteries.Buffet Breakfast|
|Day 6||Dubrovnik||Dubrovnik - Free Day or Optional Experience to Montenegro: Enjoy a completely free day in Dubrovnik to explore at your own pace. Or you could consider taking an Optional Experience to the Republic of Montenegro. Dine tonight at your hotel.Buffet Breakfast, Dinner|
|Day 7||Split||Dubrovnik - Split (2 Nights): Depart Dubrovnik and travel north along the spectacular Adriatic coast, past old fishing villages and new resorts, to Split. Enjoy a city tour with a Local Specialist featuring the historic inner city, built around the Roman Emperor Diocletian's Palace, a UNESCO World Cultural Heritage Site. See the remnants of Split's Roman heritage, its Renaissance and Gothic structures, Jupiter's Temple, the Peristyle and the cathedral.Buffet Breakfast, Dinner|
|Day 8||Split||Split Free Day: Enjoy exploring Split, perhaps visit the Diocletian's Palace or join an Optional Experience to nearby Trogir.Buffet Breakfast|
|Day 9||Zagreb||Split - Plitvice - Zagreb: This morning travel to the forested National Park of Plitvice. Admire the breathtaking waterfalls and lakes of this spectacular UNESCO World Heritage Site on your walking tour with a Local Specialist. See lakes of crystal-clear water in many colourful shades of green, grey and blue which are linked by spectacular waterfalls. This evening arrive at your hotel in Zagreb and enjoy dinner at the hotel.Buffet Breakfast, Dinner|
|Day 10||Depart Zagreb||Depart Zagreb: Say farewell to your companions as this tour comes to an end. Transfers are available to Zagreb Airport. Conditions apply.Buffet Breakfast|
- International Air: Trafalgar guarantees to quote you the lowest possible airfare available on the day that you book. Please note that airfares are not included in the prices above.
- These prices are correct at the time of the website going live, however are subject to confirmation at the time of booking.
- All tour information is correct at time of tours going live, however is subject to change, please confirm all details at time of booking.
- For full terms and conditions, please refer to our Conditions page.
- Hotel Class Key: D: Deluxe SF: Superior First Class F: First Class