Brochure Type: USA and Canada 2017
A deep discovery of Alaska, this vast and intriguing state is uncovered through its national parks, like Denali and Kenai Fjords, and towns like Fairbanks, Anchorage and Seward.You'll enjoy Insider moments like? hiking in Denali National Park with its wild rivers and breathing in the fresh air, fragrant with wild flowers. Take in the secluded region with the glorious Mount Denali just on the horizon and view the magical valleys, with their moose, caribou, and grizzly bears among local wildlife.
- Cruise in a paddlewheel boat in Fairbanks, and over to majestic Kenai Fjords National Park
- Iconic train journey through Alaska's wildnerness aboard the Alaska Railroad
- Visit Fairbanks, Denali National Park, Anchorage and Seward
- 7 full breakfasts.
- 3 dinners.
- 1 lunch.
- Audio Headsets for flexible sightseeing
- Daily breakfast and an average of 50% of evening meals
- Luxury air-conditioned coach with WiFi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys)
- Cherry-picked hotels all tried and trusted
- Hand-picked Insider Experiences
- Optional Experiences and free time
- Porterage and local charges included
- Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras
- An expert Travel Director and separate Driver
- All hotel tips, charges and local taxes
- Airport transfers on the first and last day of your guided holiday
- VIP entry to many sights
Call 1 -800-957-4477 for more information or to book today! Mention code 13153624
- Tour Operator
- Trafalgar Tours
- Offer valid through 3/31/2017
- 8 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Fairbanks||Arrive Fairbanks (2 Nights): Welcome to Fairbanks. Spend the afternoon getting settled in at your hotel or do a little sightseeing on your own. At 6 p.m., gather at the hotel with your Travel Director and fellow travellers for a Welcome Reception.Welcome Reception|
Rivers Edge Resort
|Day 2||Fairbanks||Fairbanks Sightseeing and Free Time: Visit a workshop where local artisans carve Alaskan birch bowls, a Cultural Insight. Then, board a paddlewheel riverboat on a journey to a recreated Athabascan village where you can meet and talk with native Alaskans. Enjoy some free time to explore Fairbanks on your own before a salmon bake Regional Meal.Full Breakfast, Regional Meal|
|Day 3||Denali National Park||Fairbanks - Denali National Park (2 Nights): Wind your way through the scenic Tanana River Valley on your way to vistas of snowcapped Mount Denali-at 20,320 feet (6,194 metres), it is the highest peak in North America and the centrepiece of Denali National Park. Settle into your hotel and enjoy a Local Specialist presentation about the uniqueness of the Subarctic flora and fauna before delving into Denali's lively history at a Regional Meal and show at the Denali Dinner Theater.Full Breakfast, Regional Meal|
Denali Park Village
|Day 4||Denali National Park||Denali National Park Free Time: In 1976 President Jimmy Carter designated the park as an international biosphere reserve, focusing on ecosystem conservation and prudent use of national resources. Finally, in 1980, Mt. McKinley National Park and Denali National Monument were incorporated to establish Denali National Park and Preserve. Today is yours to completely explore the park as you wish-perhaps take an optional morning rafting trip.Full Breakfast|
|Day 5||Anchorage||Denali - Alaska Railroad - Anchorage (2 Nights): Enjoy a morning on your own before boarding the famous Alaska Railroad for the scenic journey to Anchorage. Relax in your comfortable reclining seat in the Deluxe Dome Railcar as onboard experts discuss the spectacular landscapes of Hurricane Gulch and Indian River Canyon. After arriving in Anchorage, enjoy the evening on your own.Full Breakfast|
|Day 6||Anchorage||Anchorage Sightseeing and Free Time: Explore Anchorage's historic downtown district and view the scenic shores of Cook Inlet. Stop at the Ulu Factory for a Cultural Insight, an introduction to the semicircular Ulu knife developed by the Inuit people. Visit the Alaska Native Heritage Center where you can walk along wooded paths past indigenous villages and meet with natives from different parts of the state. After some free time, join your newfound friends at a Farewell Dinner and toast to your Alaskan adventure.Full Breakfast, Farewell Dinner|
|Day 7||Seward||Anchorage - Kenai Fjords National Park - Seward: Visit a wildlife rehabilitation centre with a guide before embarking on a sightseeing cruise into the heart of Kenai Fjords National Park. Enjoy a lunch made of local, fresh ingredients while taking in the views of abundant wildlife and magnificent glaciers. Then, bid farewell to those who will be joining the Glacier Discovery Cruise with Holland America. Full Breakfast, Lunch|
Seward Windsong Lodge
|Day 8||Depart Anchorage||Seward - Depart Anchorage: Enjoy the morning on your own before returning to Anchorage. Stops will be made at Anchorage International Airport and the Hilton Anchorage for guests extending their stay.Full Breakfast|
- Guaranteed Room Share is not available on this trip or cruise.
- These prices are correct at the time of the website going live, however are subject to confirmation at the time of booking.
- All tour information is correct at time of tours going live, however is subject to change, please confirm all details at time of booking.
- For full terms and conditions, please refer to our Conditions page.
- Hotel Class Key: D: Deluxe SF: Superior First Class F: First Class